About Rong Yin
Dr. Rong Yin is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science (TECS). He earned his doctorate in Textile Engineering at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2018. Prior to joining TESC, he worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute of Textiles & Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
His main research interests include advanced yarn and textile manufacturing, innovative and sustainable textile technology, performance modeling of textile products and systems, smart textiles and structures, wearable electronics, soft actuators and robots, etc.
Rong has published 30+ journal papers, conference proceedings, and patents. He served as a reviewer for several international journals including ‘Cellulose’, ‘Textile Research Journal’, ‘Fibers and Polymers’, ‘Journal of Materials Science’, etc. He is the recipient of Bronze Award in the 47th Geneva International Invention Exhibition, China Cooperative Innovation Award of Industrial, Research, and Development, Shanghai Outstanding Graduates, Zhou Hua-sheng Scholarship as well as a series of municipal and inter-university awards.
Please visit our research group website: https://sites.textiles.ncsu.edu/yin-research-lab/
- Advanced yarn and textile manufacturing
- Innovative and sustainable textile technology
- Performance modeling of textile products and systems
- Smart textiles and structures
- Wearable electronics
- Soft actuators and robots
- Ph.D Textile Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2018
- M.S. Mechanical Design & Theory, Donghua University, 2011
- A relative hairiness index for evaluating the securities of fiber ends in staple yarns and its application
- Huang, X., Tao, X., Yin, R., & Liu, S. (2021, August 3), TEXTILE RESEARCH JOURNAL, Vol. 8. https://doi.org/10.1177/00405175211035136
- Mathematical modeling and numerical simulation of nonlinearly elastic yarn in ring spinning
- Yin, R. (2021), Textile Research Journal, 7, 004051752094080. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517520940807
- Wearable Actuators: An Overview
- Chen, Y., Yang, Y., Li, M., Chen, E., Mu, W., Fisher, R., & Yin, R. (2021), Textiles, 1(2), 283–321. https://doi.org/10.3390/textiles1020015
- Wearable Actuators: An Overview
- Chen, Y., Yang, Y., Li, M., Chen, E., Mu, W., & Yin, R. (2021, June 1). , (Vol. 6). Vol. 6. https://doi.org/10.20944/preprints202106.0035.v1
- A theoretical model to investigate the performance of cellulose yarns constrained to lie on a moving solid cylinder
- Yin, R., Tao, X., & Jasper, W. (2020), Cellulose, 27(16), 9683–9698. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10570-020-03408-y
- Cleaner Production of Mulberry Spun Silk Yarns via a Shortened and Gassing-free Production Route
- , (2020). Journal of Cleaner Production. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123690
- Programmable and Thermally Hardening Composite Yarn Actuators with a Wide Range of Operating Temperature
- , (2020). Advanced Materials Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202000329
- Solar Energy Storage Silks via Coaxial Wet Spinning
- , (2020). ACS Materials Letters. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsmaterialslett.0c00074
- Wireless Multistimulus‐Responsive Fabric‐Based Actuators for Soft Robotic, Human–Machine Interactive, and Wearable Applications
- , (2020). Advanced Materials Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202000341
- Apparatus and method for imparting false twist to a yarn
- , . (2019).
- Southern Textile Association - Member
- TT327 - Yarn Production and Properties , Fall
- TT520 - Yarn Processing Dynamics , Fall
- FPS720 - Advances in Yarn Technology , Spring
- FPS801 - Seminar ,
Positions of research assistant are available. Preference will be given to those who have research experience in textile technology, material science, chemistry, physics, and electronics or other related fields; and good GPA.