About Rong Yin
Dr. Rong Yin is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science. He earned his doctorate in Textile Engineering at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2018. Prior to joining TESC, he worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute of Textiles & Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
His main research interests include advanced yarn and textile manufacturing, innovative and sustainable textile technology, performance modeling of textile products and systems, smart textiles and structures, soft actuators and robots.
Rong has published 30+ journal papers, conference proceedings, and patents. He served as a reviewer for several international journals including ‘Textile Research Journal’, ‘Fibers and Polymers’, ‘Journal of Materials Science’, etc. He is the recipient of Bronze Award in the 47th Geneva International Invention Exhibition, China Cooperative Innovation Award of Industrial, Research, and Development, Shanghai Outstanding Graduates, Zhou Hua-sheng Scholarship as well as a series of municipal and inter-university awards.
- Advanced yarn and textile manufacturing
- Innovative and sustainable textile technology
- Performance modeling of textile products and systems
- Smart textiles and structures
- Soft actuators and robots
- Ph.D Textile Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2018
- M.S. Mechanical Design & Theory, Donghua University, 2011
- Programmable and Thermally Hardening Composite Yarn Actuators with a Wide Range of Operating Temperature
- , (2020). Advanced Materials Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202000329
- Solar Energy Storage Silks via Coaxial Wet Spinning
- , (2020). ACS Materials Letters. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsmaterialslett.0c00074
- Wireless Multistimulus‐Responsive Fabric‐Based Actuators for Soft Robotic, Human–Machine Interactive, and Wearable Applications
- , (2020). Advanced Materials Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202000341
- Apparatus and method for imparting false twist to a yarn
- , . (2019).
- Extended Application of Modified Low Torque Cotton Spinning System
- , (2019). The Fiber Society’s Spring 2020 Conference.
- Highly Sensitive and Durable Structured Fibre Sensors for Low-Pressure Measurement in Smart Skin
- Yang, B., Liu, S., Wang, X., Yin, R., Xiong, Y., & Tao, X. (2019), Sensors, 19(8). https://doi.org/10.3390/s19081811
- Novel Silk Single Yarns Spun on Cotton Spinning Frame
- , (2019). The 10th Cross-straits Conference on Textiles.
- Systematic investigation of twist generation and propagation in a modified ring spinning system
- Yin, R., Tao, X.-M., & Xu, B.-G. (2019), Textile Research Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517519866950
- Yarn and fabric properties in a modified ring spinning system considering the effect of the friction surface of the false-twister
- , (2019). Textile Research Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517519873057
- 一种60-120Nm 100%全绢丝单纱的环保生产方法
- , . (2019).
Positions of full Ph.D scholarship are available. Preference will be given to those who have research experience in textile technology, textile chemistry, physics, electronics and material science or other related fields; and good publication record.