Dr. Yingjiao Xu, a native Chinese, is a professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management. She holds a B.S. degree in Textile Engineering from Donghua University (the former China Textile University), a M.S. degree in Textile Merchandising from Renmin University of China, and a M.S. degree in Applied Statistics and a Ph.D. degree in Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising from Louisiana State University.
Dr. Xu joined the faculty of the Wilson College of Textiles in August, 2010. Prior to this, she had worked at Ohio University for 10 years, where she taught in the area of Retail Merchandising and conducted research in the area of consumer behavior. While attending graduate school at Renmin University of China in Beijing, Dr. Xu worked part time for several companies, including China International Clothing and Accessories Fair, China National Garment R & D Center, and Beima Trade & Technology Development Company.
Dr. Xu’s research focuses on consumer behavior and market analysis pertaining to the textiles and fashion industry. Her research investigates consumer behaviors from social, psychological, and cultural perspectives. Her current research interests center around consumer behaviors toward innovations in fashion retailing.
PhD Human Ecology Louisiana State University 2000
MS Applied Statistics Louisiana State University 2000
MS Textile, Apparel and Merchandising Renmin University of China 1996
BS Textile Engineering Dong Hua University 1993
Area(s) of Expertise
Brand Management and Marketing
- Consumer Motivations for Luxury Fashion Rental: A Second-Order Factor Analysis Approach , SUSTAINABILITY (2022)
- Influence of motivational orientations on consumers' adoption of virtual fitting rooms (VFRs): moderating effects of fashion leadership and technology visibility , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FASHION DESIGN TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION (2022)
- Preferred product attributes for sustainable outdoor apparel: A conjoint analysis approach , SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION (2022)
- Virtual Fitting Rooms for Online Apparel Shopping: An Exploration of Consumer Perceptions , FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCES RESEARCH JOURNAL (2022)
- Antecedents and moderators of consumer adoption toward AR-enhanced virtual try-on technology: A stimulus-organism-response approach , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONSUMER STUDIES (2021)
- Consumers' adoption of AR-based virtual fitting rooms: from the perspective of theory of interactive media effects , Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal (2021)
- A study of Chinese consumers’ adoption behaviour toward virtual fitting rooms , International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education (2020)
- Classification of virtual fitting room technologies in the fashion industry: from the perspective of consumer experience , International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education (2020)
- Consumer adoption of fashion subscription retailing: antecedents and moderating factors , International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education (2020)
- Motivational drivers of Chinese consumers’ brand avoidance behaviours: a perspective of sportswear , International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education (2020)