Dr. Jin’s research interests center on fashion brands’ internationalization, branding, consumers and retailing in emerging markets, and cross-cultural consumer and retail studies. Her research interests have expanded to innovation and competitiveness of small- and medium-sized enterprises and revitalization of the U.S. textile and apparel industry. She has secured approximately $1.6 million in grants from prestigious sponsors such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Education and the National Research Foundation of Korea. She has published more than 125 refereed papers in a wide range of top-tier journals across diverse relevant disciplines and has received numerous best research paper awards at professional conferences. In addition, she has published two books and four edited books for the series of Global Fashion Brand Management for which she serves co-series editor.
In addition to research excellence, Dr. Jin displays a deep devotion to teaching. Her commitment to rigor and quality in instruction is demonstrated in the recognition and success of her graduate advisees, many of whom have received awards for their research at both the master’s and doctoral levels. She has advised 63 graduate students as either major advisor or committee member. The 12 Ph.D. advisees all secured assistant professor positions in the U.S., Korea and Taiwan. In 2009, she received the Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentor Award from Oklahoma State University.
Dr. Jin actively shares her expertise with the global textiles and apparel industry. Through funded projects in her specialty area of international apparel management, she has had opportunities to visit and work with industry executives and scholars throughout Europe and Asia and provide consulting services and workshops for them. She’s also been the keynote speaker at academic conferences and spoken at numerous lectures and seminars at different universities across the globe.
Her unique contribution to the discipline is well recognized through several awards. She received the Distinguished Scholar Award in 2019 and Prentice Hall Lecturer Award in 2007 from International Textiles and Apparel association (ITAA), research excellence award from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2014 and from Oklahoma State University in 2008, and teaching excellence award from Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, in 2001.
She is presently Vice President Planning at ITAA, an advisory board member for the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and an associate editor for Clothing and Textiles Research Journal and co-editor- in- Chief for Fashion & Textiles. Prior to coming to the North Carolina State University, Dr. Jin served at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Oklahoma State University. She served a visiting scholar at University of Macerata, Italy in 2016.
- Post Doctorate International Retailing, Michigan State University,
- A.A.S. Fashion Design, Fashion Institute of Technology,
- Ph.D. Clothing and Textiles, Yonsei University,
- M.S. Clothing and Textiles, Yonsei University,
- B.S. Clothing and Textiles, Yonsei University,
- Effect of country image and materialism on the quality evaluation of Korean products
- Jin, B. E., Kim, N. L., Yang, H., & Jung, M. (2019), Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-11-2018-0456
- Examining pre-purchase intention and post-purchase consequences of international online outshopping (IOO): The moderating effect of E-tailer's country image
- Ramkumar, B., & Jin, B. E. (2019), JOURNAL OF RETAILING AND CONSUMER SERVICES, 49, 186–197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.03.021
- How far can brands go to defend themselves? The extent of negative publicity impact on proactive consumer behaviors and brand equity
- Woo, H., Jung, S., & Jin, B. E. (2019), Business Ethics: A European Review. https://doi.org/10.1111/beer.12246
- NIE-based SME brand building in foreign markets: an exploratory study
- Chung, J.-E., Jin, B., Jeong, S. W., & Yang, H. (2019), JOURNAL OF PRODUCT AND BRAND MANAGEMENT, 28(1), 63–79. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPBM-10-2016-1331
- Older female consumers’ environmentally sustainable apparel consumption
- Kim, G., & Jin, B. E. (2019), Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print). https://doi.org/10.1108/JFMM-04-2019-0068
- Process innovation in the global fashion industry
- Jin, B., & Cedrola, E. (Eds.). (2019). , (Vol. 4). New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Process innovation: Hidden secret to success and efficiency
- Jin, B., Cedroda, E., & Kim, N. (2019), In B. Jin & E. Cedrola (Eds.), Process innovation in the global fashion industry. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
- The temporal effects of social and business networks on international performance of South Korean SMEs
- Jeong, S. W., Jin, B. E., & Jung, S. (2019), Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 31(4), 1042–1057. https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-08-2018-0326
- When do high prices lead to purchase intention? Testing two layers of moderation effects
- Son, J., & Jin, B. E. (2019), Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 6. https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-07-2018-0271
- Why Buy New When One Can Share? Exploring Collaborative Consumption Motivations for Consumer Goods
- Kim, N. L., & Jin, B. E. (2019), International Journal of Consumer Studies. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcs.12551
- Korean Firms' Market Entry and Global Management Strategies in Malaysia and Indonesia: Focusing on Consumer Goods SMEs and Startups
- National Research Foundation of Korea(3/01/19 - 12/31/19)
- International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) - Vice President of Planning
- Clothing & Textiles Research Journal - Associate Editor for International/ Retailing/Merchandising Management and Industry track
- Korean Distribution Association - Member, Board of Directors
- Fashion & Textiles - Co Editor-in-Chief
- The Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Seoul, Korea - Advisory Board Member
- TTM 585 - Market Research in Textiles ,
- FTM 382 - Intermediate Textile Brand Management and Marketing ,
- FTM 482 - Advanced Brand Management and Marketing in Textiles ,
- - ,